FruitVegetablesEUROPE (EUCOFEL) coordinates various activities with its members (National and Regional Federations and Associations) and other organizations of the sector.
We believe in working together to better represent the interests of European Fruit and Vegetables producers.
We also collaborate with other public and private organisations that deal with matters of interest for the European agriculture. Our goal is to exchange points of view and coordinate actions to increase the overall impact of all of FruitVegetablesEUROPE’s actions.
The OECD Fruit and Vegetables Scheme
The OECD Fruit and Vegetables Scheme promotes international trade through the harmonisation of implementation and interpretation of marketing standards. Dre
UNECE - Fruit and Vegetables
Fresh Fruit and Vegetables – Standards The standards are published in the three official languages of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe. Should any discrepancies be found between the language versions or between versions in other, unofficial, languages, the English version should normally prevail, unless the original version of the standard was in French or Russian, in which case the French or Russian version should prevail.
FAO - The Food and Agriculture Organization
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Our goal is to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With over 194 member states, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide. We believe that everyone can play a part in ending hunger.
In May 2019, together with other European agricultural associations, a new Alliance to defend the interests of European farmers in response to growing imports from non-EU countries was created.
What are the goals of the Alliance?
The main objective of the Alliance for the Defense of European Agriculture is to defend and promote the community productive model, both in fruits and vegetables, and in other agricultural sectors, characterised by having the highest levels of quality and food safety.
What do we ask for?
1) European agriculture is not a bargaining chip in trade agreements with third countries.
2) Imported products respect the same production standards as those imposed on European producers, both in conventional and organic agriculture.
3) European consumers should have access to transparent information on the differences between EU production models and those of third countries.
4) European consumers understand and support the social and cultural aspects of EU agriculture.The Alliance is open to all sectors willing to defend EU agriculture.
ADEA – The Alliance For The Defense Of The European Agriculture
Who forms part of the Alliance?
- FruitVegetablesEUROPE (EUCOFEL)
- FEPEX – Spanish Federation of fruit and vegetables producers & exporters (Spain)
- CGC – Spanish Citrus Management Committee (Spain)
- APROA – Association of Producer
- Organizations of Fruit and Vegetables of Andalusia (Spain)
- ANPCA – Spanish Garlic producers and traders (Spain)
- ASPROCAN – Spanish Banana sector (Spain)
- UGPBAN – French Banana sector (France)
GESBA – Portuguese Banana sector(Portugal)
- APEB – European Banana Association (EU)
- KZGPOiW- Polish National Association of fruit and vegetables producer groups (Poland)
- AOPn Tomato & Cucumber from France (France)
- INCOFRUIT Hellas (Greece)
The Irish Cattle and Sheep Association (Ireland)
- The European Sugar Manufacturer’s Association (EU)
- The European Beet Growers (EU)
Global Alliance For Promoting Fruit and Vegetable Consumption «5 A DAY» (AIAM5)
How does it function?
In 2016, the AIAM5’s Assembly held in Bogotá (Colombia), agreed to create working groups to achieve the objectives outlined in the roadmap. From then on, the groups have met in different ways as «workshops».
These workshops elaborate the work plan to be improved by groups and committees.
The groups and committees created develop strategic plans for each of them with a periodicity of annual meetings and an active role in the Alliance assemblies and meetings. All works under SMART (specific, measurable, assignable, realistic, time-related) scheme to facilitate the work and integration of the members in each commission.
The 8th AIAM5’s Assembly and the 14th International Congress of Promotion of Fruits and Vegetables Consumption were held from 8th to 10th October, 2018 in the city of Tuxtla Gutiérrez – Mexico.
FruitVegetablesEUROPE (EUCOFEL) & AIAM5
FruitVegetablesEUROPE (EUCOFEL) attended the 8th AIAM5 Assembly and the 14th International Congress jointly with representatives of the Global Alliance of Promotion to the Consumption of Fruits and Vegetables 5day – AIAM5, coming from 23 countries involved in the national promotion programmes of the consumption of fruits and vegetables.
FruitVegetablesEUROPE (EUCOFEL) collaborates with AIAM5 in supporting two groups:
- International relationship. – The leadership as well as the topic to be discussed will be defined within the committee, which will report to the coordinator the name of the leader and an annual deliverable with periodic reports, at least two by year that will be delivered prior to members’ meetings.
- Committee: FruitVegetablesEUROPE (EUCOFEL), Chile and Mexico.
- Communication and Marketing. – In charge of the social networks reviewing contents and sources and post them directly on the web through the tool developed for that purpose.
- Committee: Spain, Colombia, Uruguay, Venezuela, Chile, Cuba, Costa Rica, Argentina, Bolivia and FruitVegetablesEUROPE (EUCOFEL).
Since October 2018, FruitVegetablesEUROPE (EUCOFEL) is a collaborate member of AIAM5 – Global Alliance for Promoting Fruit and Vegetable Consumption «5 a day».
What is AIAM5?
AIAM5 – Global Alliance for Promoting Fruit and Vegetable Consumption «5 a day» was founded in 2011 in the context of the VII International Congress for the Promotion of the Consumption of Fruits and Vegetables celebrated in Madrid – Spain.
AIAM5 gathers national organizations from 30 countries and 4 organizations linked to the fruit and vegetables sector.
Its main goal is to create an international network to promote and support efforts to increase consumption of fruit and vegetables by providing its members with up-to-date information, support resources, and other communication tools to help members operate and communicate their shared messages and experiences efficiently and effectively.
Who forms part of the Alliance?
The full members on October 2018 are: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Finland, France, Germany, Honduras, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Lithuania, Mexico, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Uruguay, USA and Venezuela.
The collaborator members are AREFLH, FruitVegetablesEUROPE (EUCOFEL), FENAOMFRA and INCAP.
Let’s Work Together!
Are you interested in knowing more? Do you want to be part of this Association? Do you have any questions to ask us?